One of the foundations to having a successful and rewarding adult life is confidence, or self-esteem -- a belief in yourself! The belief that you can achieve whatever you set your mind to, and that you are a capable and strong person, one who is valuable and deserving of a great future.
Often our own self-doubt can sabotage our dreams even before we try. We may see ourselves in a critical light, one that isn’t even accurate. It is common to be much more critical of ourselves than others, to see the flaws we have, instead of celebrating our strengths and talents. If we believe in ourselves, we can overcome the obstacles that are often present when we pursue our dreams. Many successful people have said that failure and adversity are part or the natural path to success. Having the strength and perseverance to overcome is necessary to achieve the results we desire for our lives. If you never try, you will never know just how capable and powerful you really are!
There are many simple things you can do to improve your confidence by recognizing the achievements, both great and small, that you achieve every day. Some examples include using positive self-talk to encourage us and remind us of our strengths, or keeping a journal of our triumphs and dreams to reinforce what really matters in our lives.
Do yourself a favor and celebrate yourself! Look yourself in the mirror and know that you are a force in this world and can create your own destiny ... if only you believe!
Some resources you might consider to help build your confidence and self-esteem:
- The Power of Believing in Yourself (CommandingLife.com)
- 24 Inspiring Quotes (CommandingLife.com)
- 12 Things Truly Confident People Do Differently (Entrepreneur)
- 12 Simple Activities to Start Building Your Self-Esteem Today (PsychCentral)
- Finding Your Inner Magic Through the Power of Self Belief (Goalcast)
- I Have a Dream Declaration (Roots of Action)
- The Incredible Power of Believing in Yourself (Entrepreneur)