Medical, Dental, and Mental Health

Before you move out on your own, make sure you’ve found professionals to take care of your dental, medical, and mental health needs.. Health care is expensive. Luckily you will probably have Medicaid insurance until you turn 26. If you are in Denver Human Services custody and living anywhere other than your parent’s home, on or after your 18th birthday, you will probably be eligible for Medicaid. Be sure to check with your caseworker, or Chafee worker, to make sure your Medicaid coverage is activated after your case closes. If you are in therapy, or taking medication, this is especially important, as you want to keep things running smoothly when going out on your own. Most people find moving out on their own for the first time to be pretty stressful. The fewer loose ends you have to take care of the better.

Frequently Asked Questions About Medicaid Expansion

Click here to find local Medicaid providers by service type (e.g. dentist, therapist, doctor, etc.). You can narrow your search by providing more detail. Just use the lists to pick what you’re looking for, and put in the city or county you would like to look in. The state of Colorado also developed it’s own Medicaid provider search engine that also gives locations on a map.

If you don’t currently have insurance, there are many community resources to help you get services for free, or at a reduced cost. The Colorado Indigent Care Program (CICP) is a state program that helps low-income individuals pay for their health needs. Click here for more info. Click here to get a list of local providers listed by county. Medicaid eligibility was recently expanded and raised the income limit to qualify. See if you are eligible by applying here .