JOBS THAT ARE CURRENTLY HIRING:
*No guarantee that they are felon friendly*
1. Village Inn – hiring cooks; APPLY IN PERSON: 4775 Kipling St. in Wheat Ridge
2. A&W Autobody – hiring car detailer; CALL TO APPLY: 303-355-7023
3. Koko Fitclub – hiring PT positions; 20-30 hours week; located in Westminster; EMAIL RESUME: email@example.com
4. Century Chevrolet – hiring customer service rep; $12 hr.; APPLY IN PERSON: 6105 W 120th Ave in Broomfield
5. Hamilton Construction Company – hiring bridge workers/laborers; PRINT APPLICATION: www.hamil.com AND APPLY IN PERSON: 607 10th St Suite 200 in Golden
6. Lehrer’s Flowers – hiring sales, counter positions, telephone sales, delivery drivers, floral helpers; FT and PT; APPLY IN PERSON: 2100 W Mississippi Ave.
7. Bubba Gump Shrimp Company – hiring servers, bussers, hosts/hostesses, line and prep cooks, dishwashers, retail sales positions; APPLY IN PERSON: 1437 California St.
8. Orologi Watch Shoppe – hiring FT and PT sales positions; no experience required; APPLY IN PERSON: Colorado Mills Mall – 14500 W Colfax Ave in Lakewood
9. Baymont Inn & Suites – hiring front desk staff; must have computer skills; APPLY IN PERSON: 11909 W 6th Ave in Golden
10. Best Western Denver Southwest – hiring breakfast attendant; APPLY IN PERSON: 3440 S Vance St. in Lakewood
11. Udi’s – hiring PT cashier/barista; 20-25 hrs week; APPLY IN PERSON: 101 E 70th Ave (apply before 230pm)
Village Inn – hiring cooks; APPLY IN PERSON: 4775 Kipling St. in Wheat Ridge
A&W Autobody – hiring car detailer; CALL TO APPLY: 303-355-7023
Koko Fitclub – hiring PT positions; 20-30 hours week; located in Westminster; EMAIL RESUME: firstname.lastname@example.org
Century Chevrolet – hiring customer service rep; $12 hr.; APPLY IN PERSON: 6105 W 120th Ave in Broomfield
Hamilton Construction Company – hiring bridge workers/laborers; PRINT APPLICATION: www.hamil.com AND APPLY IN PERSON: 607 10th St Suite 200 in Golden
Lehrer’s Flowers – hiring sales, counter positions, telephone sales, delivery drivers, floral helpers; FT and PT; APPLY IN PERSON: 2100 W Mississippi Ave.
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company – hiring servers, bussers, hosts/hostesses, line and prep cooks, dishwashers, retail sales positions; APPLY IN PERSON: 1437 California St.
Orologi Watch Shoppe – hiring FT and PT sales positions; no experience required; APPLY IN PERSON: Colorado Mills Mall – 14500 W Colfax Ave in Lakewood
Baymont Inn & Suites – hiring front desk staff; must have computer skills; APPLY IN PERSON: 11909 W 6th Ave in Golden
Best Western Denver Southwest – hiring breakfast attendant; APPLY IN PERSON: 3440 S Vance St. in Lakewood
Udi’s – hiring PT cashier/barista; 20-25 hrs week; APPLY IN PERSON: 101 E 70th Ave (apply before 230pm)
Blue Beacon Truck Wash – hiring book keeper position; no experience necessary; 20-24 hrs week; $9 hr; APPLY IN PERSON: 3455 E 46th Ave. (behind Pilot truck stop)
Dukes Landscape Design – hiring landscapers; seasonal positions for now; $10-$12 hr; CALL TO APPLY: 303-668-5532 (Kevin)
Comfort Inn – hiring housekeeping, front desk positions, maintenance, laundry; APPLY IN PERSON: 8500 Turnpike Dr in Westminster
Big Bill’s NY Pizza – hiring pizza cook/kitchen position; APPLY IN PERSON: 8243 S Holly St in Centennial
Cox Professional Landscape – hiring landscape positions; experience not necessary; APPLY ONLINE: www.coxprolandscape.com
Bob’s Towing & Recovery – hiring auto mechanic helper; need basic skills; APPLY IN PERSON: 4350 S Federal Blvd.
Ace Hardware – hiring cashiers, sales associates and stocking positions; print application: www.EdgewaterAce.com AND BRING TO: 1719 Sheridan Blvd.
Chili’s – hiring line cooks; must be 18 or older; APPLY IN PERSON: 3240 Youngfield St. in Wheat Ridge
Bear’s Car Wash – hiring PT cashiers; APPLY IN PERSON: 5870 Dahlia St in Commerce City
My Wireless Supply – hiring warehouse position; APPLY IN PERSON: 2879 S Shoshone St in Englewood
Abe’s Café – hiring PT servers; prefer some experience; APPLY IN PERSON: 13701 W Jewell in Lakewood
This position is a 22-25 hour a week position for 11 months. AmeriCorps members will be placed with the GIVE Denver program housed at Denver Human Services (DHS). 80% of the member’s time will be spent as a resource navigator supporting operations of the GIVE Denver Center. The GIVE Denver Center functions as a safety net for DHS clients, as a resource navigator you will connect individuals in need with community resources and basic necessities. GIVE Denver also acts as a drop-off and distribution center for donations that are given to vulnerable children, adults and families including the homeless, foster children, veterans, at-risk and disabled seniors, and those living on the brink of poverty, who receive DHS assistance. 20% of the AmeriCorps member’s service will consist of training activities and professional development opportunities provided by the CBPYT AmeriCorps program housed at Denver Human Services.
- Assess clients’ needs for food, clothing, shelter, medical, or other immediate assistance and connect clients with service providers in the community who can meet clients’ specific needs
- Support relationship efforts between GIVE Denver and the community-based service providers
- Support event-based, direct mail, and online fund-raising efforts (fundraising efforts will not exceed 10% of the members total service hours)
- Deliver AmeriCorps presentations to community based agencies
- Enhance and Improve volunteer management operations at GIVE Denver
- Participate in Professional Development in office and classroom settings
- Assist in planning team service projects
Hours of Service:
Members are required to serve an average of 22 hours per week, completing a minimum of 900 hours during the 11 month term of service. Hours are to be scheduled on any day of the week, including some weekends and holidays, as specified by the member’s supervisor. In the event the member does not serve on City holidays, the member will not be credited for hour of services performed for the holiday.
A schedule for member hours will be created at the beginning of service and will be amended as needed during monthly supervision meetings.
The member may from time to time take authorized sick time or leave for personal matters but only those hours of service that are actually provided by the member will be credited to the Member’s required hours of service. The member may make up time missed due to sick time or leave for personal matters if pre-approved by the member’s supervisor.
Members must be available on the 1st Friday of each month. Members must be able to commit to a minimum of 22 hours per week for the entire 11 month term which will begin on September 9, 2013 and end on July 31, 2014.
Participation in Training Activities:
The member will be required to participate in all AmeriCorps training activities, held the first Friday of every month. Members must shadow at least 5 other AmeriCorps members or community professionals. Career training will also occur in a classroom setting 3 times a month.
- Must be a current or former foster care youth with Denver Department of Human Services and eligible for Denver Chafee Services. for more information please see Denver Chafee
- Must be at least 17 years old with a High School Diploma or GED or have a plan to complete their GED prior to the end of their service term (July, 2014)
- U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or lawful permanent resident of the United States
- Former volunteer experience, though not necessary, is a plus
- Must have a positive attitude and an eagerness to learn and impact their community in a positive way
- Availability on the 1st Friday of each month is mandatory
- CBPYT is committed to the inclusion of members with all levels of ability. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request
- Part time members will receive a $6,050 (pre taxed) living stipend for the 11 month commitment. This breaks down to $275 before taxes every two weeks.
- Upon successful completion of 900 service hours, members will receive a $2,775 education award which can be used towards future or previous education services
- Members receive either a monthly bus pass or limited mileage reimbursement.
- Program dates: September 9th, 2013 – July 31, 2014
- At least 900 total hours of service over 11 months, must make commitment for entire 11 months
- Members will be placed at Denver Department of Human Services.
For more information on part time positions contact:
Denver County has a Youth Advisory Board and is looking for new members! If you are interested in making foster care a better place for the youth who will follow in your footsteps, this is your chance! You will be able to share your thoughts and feelings with those who manage the foster care system, while building your leadership and organizing skills. If you want to have some fun while making a difference in others lives, and gain experience you can put on your resumes and applications, please contact Ginny Rice at 303-375-3832 or email@example.com . You can also show up at the next meeting held the second and fourth Tuesday of the month:
Youth Advisory Board Meeting
Department of Human Services Montbello Office
4685 Peoria St. Denver, CO 80239
We’ve been working on the website and it is almost finished. There are a couple of glitches we still need to work on, but the website is almost complete. Please note that some links aren’t colored, but appear to be bold text. If you move your cursor over bold text it will change to a hand icon, which will let you know that it is an active link you can use to get more info.
This website is a work in progress and will be updated on a regular basis, with the eventual goal of adding a blog feature. If you have any feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
We hope you will find this website to be a useful tool to help you be a healthy, happy, and succesful adult!!!!!
We’re working on new content, so check back often.